Score: Roanoke 3, Hollins 0 (25-13, 25-18, 25-17)
Records: Roanoke 13-14 / 6-6 ODAC | Hollins 13-14 / 2-10 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke wrapped up its ODAC slate of games on Tuesday with a 3-0 win over Hollins at home.
How it Happened
- Roanoke hit .500 as a team in game one, connecting for 14 kills on 26 attempts with only one error. RC jumped out to a 6-0 lead following a service ace from Logan Pasley.
- With the score 12-6, RC scored five straight points, pushing ahead 17-6 on a Linsey Bailey kill. The Maroons would eventually close out the game on a Parker Moody kill.
- Game two was tied at 12 before Roanoke went on a 7-1 run, going up 19-13 on a Hollins ball handling error. Hollins would make it 20-16, but RC scored five of the final seven points to go up 2-0 in the match.
- In game three, RC jumped out to a 13-7 lead then found themselves up 20-11 following a Telia Harris kill. HU would cut the Maroons lead to 21-16, but RC would close out the match with a 4-1 run, getting back-to-back kills from Moody and Harris to seal the win.
- Bailey led RC with a match-high 21 kills, while Harris had 12 and Moody finished with nine. Pasley had 21 assists to go along with four aces. Defensively, Kennedy Clemmer had 12 digs.
- Tyler Sesker had eight kills for Hollins in the loss. HU hit .103 for the match, while RC hit .346.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action Friday when it travels to Southern Virginia for a 7:00 p.m. match.