Score: Roanoke 3 | Shenandoah 0 (25-21, 25-21, 25-21)
Records: Maroons 11-9, 4-4 ODAC | Hornets 7-15, 2-6 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke College volleyball team won their third consecutive match on Wednesday night. The, 3-0, sweep of Shenandoah was the Maroons third sweep in as many matches.
How it happened:
- As would be the case in every set, the Maroons would score the opening point. The two teams would trade the lead back and forth until the Hornets scored four straight to take a 13-10 advantage. Roanoke would storm back, scoring seven points in a row to seize control of the set and go on for the 25-21 victory. 18-9 was the RC kill advantage.
- Another first point would go the Maroons way but this time it would Shenandoah that would take the momentum. After an 8-3 run, the Hornets would push their lead to six points, thanks in part to five Roanoke hitting errors. However, a Parker Moody kill, followed by a pair of kills by Linsey Bailey and a Tori Clinevell ace, the Maroons had come all the way back and taken 22-20 edge late in the frame. A final 3-1 run would give Roanoke another 25-21 set win.
- Five straight points to start the set would allow Roanoke some breathing room early in the third, and final, set. 15 kills later the Maroons would enjoy their third straight sweep, evening their ODAC record to 4-4.
- Bailey finished with 21 kills while Keely Scott would add 13. Logan Pasley (19), Olivia Newman (13), and Kennedy Clemmer (10) each had double-digit assists.
- RC led the kill battle 48-27 to offset 10 blocks by Shenandoah. Clinevell had a pair of service aces with Clemmer recording a team high 14 digs.
Up next: Roanoke will travel to Ferrum on Saturday for a match with the Panthers at 11:00am.