Score: Roanoke 3 | Mary Baldwin 0 (25-8, 25-17, 25-22)
Records: Maroons 10-9 | Squirrels 1-20
Location: Staunton, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke College volleyball team stepped out of conference as they traveled to Mary Baldwin looking for consecutive road wins. After sweeping Randolph on Tuesday, the Maroons repeated the feat against the Squirrels, earning the 3-0 victory.
How it happened:
- A 10-4 start and a 13-3 kill advantage allowed Roanoke to get out to a quick start, taking the opening set 25-8.
- The Maroons would get out a an equally quick start in the second frame, 10-6. Three of the Maroon's 10 service aces and seven Squirrel attack errors would allow Roanoke to close out the set, 25-17, and take a 2-0 advantage.
- The third stanza would have a much different start, as the home team would enjoy a quick lead, 5-1. Roanoke would chip away at the deficit and come back to tie the set at 10-10. The two teams would swap the lead until a Keely Scott kill, followed by an assisted block by Bailee Heatwole and Angel Ross gave the Maroons the lead for good. In the end, Roanoke had earned their second consecutive road sweep.
- A balanced attack at the net would see Linsey Bailey (10), Scott (8), and Parker Moody (6) combine for 24 of the team's 33 kills.
- Kennedy Clemmer, Tori Clinevell, and Bailey all had double-digit digs while Logan Pasley led the way with 12 assists.
Up next: Roanoke will get back into ODAC play when they host Shenandoah University at the Cregger Center next Wednesday at 7pm.