Score: Roanoke 3 | Randolph 0 (25-21, 25-21, 25-9)
Records: Maroons 9-9, 3-4 | WildCats 9-9, 4-5
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke College traveled to Lynchburg to face a Randolph College team that had won three of their previous five ODAC matches. After winning two close sets, the Maroons cruised to a third set win and a sweep of the WildCats.
How it happened:
- Roanoke took the lead late in the first set. After the home team closed the gap, the Maroons took the final two points to secure a 1-0 lead.
- In the second frame, the Maroons would once again see themselves tied before a surge put them out in front. Roanoke used a slight hitting edge to pull away for the 2-0 advantage.
- The Maroons took the momentum into the third set and stormed out to a quick lead. 11 kills and 10 Randolph hitting errors would allow RC to cruise to a 25-9 match clinching win.
- Parker Moody (12) and Keely Scott (10) had double digit kills while Linsey Bailey added nine allowing the Maroons a 39-31 edge on the night.
- Setter Logan Pasley had 23 of Roanoke's 31 assists and Kennedy Clemmer led the team with 19 digs.
Up next: Roanoke will step out of conference on Thursday with a trip to Staunton to face Mary Baldwin.