Score: Roanoke 1 | Guilford 3 (17-25, 25-21, 14-25, 20-25)
Records: Maroons 8-9, 2-4 | Quakers 10-6, 4-2
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
The Lead: The Maroons took their 2-3 league record to face the Quakers (3-2) with the winner moving up the conference standings. The two ODAC foes split the first two sets before the home team took the next two sets for the 3-1 victory.
How it happened:
- Roanoke came in off an ODAC win over EMU while Guilford followed up a big win over W&L with a pair of losses to Randolph-Macon and Virginia Wesleyan. The Maroons led, however the Quakers tied it at 14-14 off a Roanoke service error and proceeded to score 11 of the next 14 points to take the opening set.
- The second set would see Roanoke use a 14-11 kill edge to pull away late in the frame to even the match at a set apiece.
- The home team would re-take the momentum in the third set as Guilford would take advantage of a .300 to .080 hitting percentage to cruise to a 25-14 win, taking a two sets to one lead into the fourth.
- The Maroons enjoyed a 16-12 lead going into the final stages of the fourth set. Guilford scored five of the next six and 13 of the final 17 to take the match, 3-1.
- The reigning ODAC Player of the Week Linsey Bailey paced all attackers with 21 kills and 18 digs. Parker Moody added seven kills with a pair of Maroons registering four.
- Angel Ross assisted on three of Roanoke's six blocks with Logan Pasley handing out 22 assists.
Up next: Roanoke will have the weekend off before resuming their ODAC schedule on Tuesday night with a visit to Randolph College.