Score: Roanoke 3 | Emory & Henry 0 (25-14, 25-17, 25-17)
Records: Maroons 7-7, 1-2 | Wasps 3-9, 1-2
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke College volleyball team looked to get in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) win column against Emory & Henry. The Maroons used a 23 kill edge to sweep the Wasps, 3-0.
How it Happened:
- Leading 9-8, Roanoke used a 4-1 run to seize control and cruise to an opening set win, 25-14.
- In set number two, it was the visitors that enjoyed a 9-8 advantage. However, the Maroons would score 10 of the next 12 points, including eight in row to take a 2-0 lead.
- The Maroons left no doubt as they raced out to an 8-1 start in the third set, pulling away to complete the, 3-0, sweep of their ODAC rivals.
- Roanoke would enjoy a 37-14 kill advantage, led by Linsey Bailey who out-hit the Wasps on her own with 18 kills.
- Parker Moody and Telia Harris would each record five kills while Keely Scott added four.
- The setting duo of Logan Pasley and Olivia Newman assisted on 26 attacks. Pasley and Tori Clinevell each had four of the Maroon's 12 service aces.
- Libero Kennedy Clemmer registered a match-high 13 digs.
Up next: Roanoke will host an ODAC tri-match on Saturday. The Maroons play Lynchburg at 11am before wrapping up the day at 3:00pm against Eastern Mennonite.