Score: Roanoke 2 | Meredith 3 (15-25, 25-23, 26-24, 21-25, 11-15)
Records: Maroons 6-7 | Angels 6-5
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: After falling in the opening set, the Maroons won a pair of close sets (25-23 and 26-24) to earn a 2-1 advantage. However, Meredith College came back to take the fourth and then rallied in the final set to win the match.
How it Happened:
- Meredith raced out to a 7-1 lead and never let Roanoke close the gap as the Angels cruised to an opening set win.
- The next two sets would go the way of the Maroons by the slimmest of margins. In each case, Roanoke would rally late to comeback and take the sets.
- Hailey Long would carry the Angels the next two sets as the freshman would record nine of her 18 kills in the final two frames. Meredith hit .375 and .444 (23 kills with just three errors) to complete the comeback.
- Linsey Bailey registered a match high with 23 kills while Keely Scott enjoyed her second consecutive double-digit effort with 11 kills.
- Logan Pasley (24) and Olivia Newman (18) combined to assist on 42 of the Maroon's 57 kills.
- With one solo and three assisted blocks, Parker Moody helped anchor the defense while Kennedy Clemmer recorded 17 digs.
Up next: Roanoke will continue it's home stand with a visit from Emory & Henry on Tuesday night.