Score: Roanoke 2 | Bridgewater 3 (18-25, 11-25, 32-30, 25-22, 12-15)
Records: Maroons 6-6, 0-2 | Eagles 12-0, 3-0
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Bridgewater took a 2-0 lead before a Roanoke rally (32-30 and 25-22) would force a fifth set. The Eagles were able to open up a lead late and hold off the Maroons for the ODAC win.
How it Happened:
- The Eagles would blast their way to a 2-0 lead by enjoying a 23-14 kill advantage in the first two sets.
- Roanoke used a big comeback and the energy for a huge student crowd to erase a five point deficit late in the third set. The two teams would trade points back and forth until the Maroons would score two in a row for the 32-30 win.
- Using the momentum of the third set, Roanoke would race out to an early advantage. A Bridgewater rally would close the gap before the Maroons would close the frame on a 4-1 run.
- The Maroons looked to be ready to complete the comeback with a 4-1 start to the fifth set. The Eagles would seize the lead at the changeover but a Keely Scott kill would tie the score at 9-9. However, Bridgewater would score four of the next five to take control and hold on for the ODAC win. In the deciding set, The Eagles would register eight kills without committing an error.
- Linsey Bailey recorded a match high with 17 kills, Scott added 14, and Telia Harris with 11.
- Kennedy Clemmer and Tori Clinevell combined for 48 digs while Logan Pasley and Olivia Newman would assist on 43 of the Maroon's 52 kills.
Up next: Roanoke will continue their six match home stand when they host Meredith College at 7:00pm on Friday night.