Score: Roanoke 3 | Methodist 2 (25-23, 23-25, 25-14, 11-25, 15-8)
Records: Maroons 6-5 | Monarchs 0-7
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke College got back in the win column with a five set win over the Monarchs. It was the first of back-to-back home matches for Roanoke as they welcome the undefeated Eagles of Bridgewater to the Cregger Center tomorrow night.
How it Happened:
- The Maroons trail 18-12 in the opening set before a 7-1 run tied the score at 19-19. Roanoke will grab the lead thanks to the serving of Parker Moody (three service aces) and hold on for the 25-23 win.
- This time it was the Monarchs that would rally late and turn the tables on the home team by the identical, 25-23, score.
- The next two sets would go to the team that dominated the net. Roanoke used a 16-5 kill advantage to take set three while the visitors from Fayetteville would enjoy a 15-3 edge to even the match at 2-2.
- With the deciding frame tied at 8-8, Moody would record a kill then serve out the match as Roanoke scored seven straight to win the match.
- Telia Harris led the Maroons with 14 kills while Linsey Bailey would add 12. Olivia Newman and Logan Pasley combined for 46 assists with Libero Kennedy Clemmer recording a match high with 20 digs.
Up next: Bridgewater brings a perfect, 11-0, record to Salem tomorrow night for a 7:00pm start.