Score: Roanoke 3, Greensboro 0 (25-20,25-22, 25-20)
Records: Roanoke 17-4, Greensboro 4-23
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
The Lead: Roanoke closed out the regular season with a 3-0 non-conference road win at Greensboro Monday night.
How it Happened
- Linsey Bailey had 12 kills for Roanoke. Angel Ross had eight kills and Sydney Daniel had six. Olivia Newman had 25 assists on the night as well.
- Defensively, Bailey had 18 digs, while Tori Clinevell had 12 and Kelsey Goodman had nine stops of her own.
- With the score 15-13 in the first set, RC reeled off seven straight points, taking a 22-13 lead on a Parker Moody kill.
- Roanoke went up 24-16 before GC scored four straight points to cut it to 24-20 but an attack error would give RC the first set.
- Set two was tied at 15 when the Maroons went on a 5-1 run, going in front 20-16 on a Bailey kill. With RC up 24-22, GC committed a serving error to give Roanoke a 2-0 lead in the match.
- The Maroons jumped out to a 14-6 lead on a Daniel kill early in the third set. A Bailey kill would put RC up 21-13 and she would later seal the set and match with a kill.
- Sarah Egbers led Greensboro with eight kills.
Up Next: Roanoke will face Virginia Wesleyan on Wednesday in ODAC Quarterfinal action at 6:30 p.m.