Score: Methodist 3 | Roanoke 1 (12-25, 24-26, 25-21, 18-25)
Records: Roanoke 16-9 | Methodist 15-8
Location: Fayetteville, N.C.
The Lead: Roanoke fell in four sets to Methodist in a non-conference road match Wednesday night.
How it Happened:
- Linsey Bailey had a team-high 21 kills while Angel Ross joined her in double-digit kills with 10.
- Tori Clineville had 31 digs while Bailey added 16 to complete the double-double.
- After dropping the first set, RC used an 8-2 run to bring it within one at 16-15 in favor of Methodist. Roanoke scored off a Monarch error following a timeout to tie it at 24-24 but MU won the next two points to take the set and a 2-0 lead.
- The Maroons opened the third set scoring six of the first seven points following a kill from Bailey. Ross registered back to back kills to extend the lead to 14-8 before going on to win the set.
- Methodist won five straight points in the fourth set to break away with an 18-8 edge to take the lead for the remainder of the set.
- The Monarchs were led by Brittany Ter meer with 21 kills with a .500 hitting percentage. As a team, MU registered 9 blocks, 18 assisted and one solo.
Up Next: Volleyball closes out the regular season at Greensboro on Monday, Oct. 29 at 7 p.m.