Score: Roanoke 3 | Mary Baldwin 0 ( 25-10, 25-10, 25-12)
Records: Roanoke 16-8 | Mary Baldwin 1-27
Location: Salem, Va
The Lead: Roanoke defeated Mary Baldwin 3-0 in a non-conference match Tuesday night on the road.
How it Happened:
- Linsey Bailey led the way with 18 kills and Tori Clinevell tallied 30 digs on the night. Olivia Newman headed the Roanoke offense with 33 assists.
- The Maroons hit .378 on the night, highlighted by Bailey hitting .750, making zero errors on 24 attempts.
- With the score 6-4 Mary Baldwin, the Maroons rattled off a 13-1 run started by a kill from Parker Moody, back-to-back kills from Sydney Daniel and an ace from Kelsey Goodman, to take a 16-7 lead.
- In the second set, RC won eight of the first nine points, capped by an ace by Olivia Newman to take an early advantage. Bailey extended the lead with four straight aces in the during a 7-0 run later in the set.
- Roanoke kept the momentum going, winning the first seven points in the final set with two kills from Bailey and two from Bridgette Whalen.
Up Next: Volleyball travels to Methodist for a rescheduled match-up with the Monarchs on Wednesday, Oct. 24 at 7 p.m.