Score:Roanoke 3, Hollins 0 | 25-18, 25-21, 25-13
Records:Roanoke 14-7 / 7-2 ODAC | Hollins 9-12 / 1-7 ODAC
The Lead: Linsey Bailey had 23 kills as Roanoke topped Hollins 3-0 in ODAC Action.
How it Happened
- With the score 15-14 in the first set, RC scored the next three points, taking an 18-14 lead following a Sydney Daniel service ace. After back-to-back points for Hollins, RC closed the set with a 7-2 run that featured three kills by Bailey and secured the early lead for the Maroons.
- The second set was tight with neither team able to open up a big lead. With the scored tied at 18, Roanoke got a service ace from Olivia Newman and back-to-back kills from Bailey to put RC up 21-18. Hollins scored to make it 21-19 but Roanoke scored four of the final six points to take the second set 25-21.
- In the final set, RC opened up an early 8-3 advantage before Hollins cut it to 8-5. With the score 13-9 Roanoke, the Maroons went on 10-2 run, pushing ahead 23-11 on a kill by Bailey on their way to the ODAC win.
- Bailey finished with 23 kills as she hit .543 for the match, making just four errors on 35 attempts. Daniel had 12 kills, while Parker Moody had six. Newman had 39 assists in the win. Defensively, Kelsey Goodman had a team-best 13 digs, Tori Clinevell had 12 and Daniel had 11 to secure a double-double.
- Deja Hadden had 14 kills for Hollins, while Casey Mahan had 23 assists.
Up Next: Roanoke will host an ODAC tri-match on Saturday. RC will take on Randolph-Macon at 11:00 a.m. and Ferrum at 3:00 p.m.