Score: Virginia Wesleyan 3 | Roanoke 1 (23-25, 25-20, 17-25, 14-25)
Records: Roanoke 13-7, 6-3 ODAC | Virginia Wesleyan 12-7, 7-2 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Volleyball dropped a 3-1 decision to Virginia Wesleyan Saturday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Linsey Bailey and Sydney Daniel both recorded 16 kills and Tori Clinevell had 21 digs while Olivia Newman dished out 40 assists. Daniel added 18 digs while Bailey added 14 of her own.
- Virginia Wesleyan was led by Doneisha Hall with 17 kills and Kristina Scott with 12. The Marlins recorded 13 blocks on the day, headed by Sydney Collins with seven.
- After dropping the first set, Roanoke scored six straight points to take a 12-7 lead following back-to-back kills from Daniel in the second set.
- The Marlins brought it within two points three times throughout the second set but the Maroons won four unanswered points to extend their advantage to 20-14. Angel Ross recorded a kill to make it 24-18 before a VWU error sealed the second set win and even the match for RC.
- With the score 11-11 in the third, Virginia Wesleyan won the next five points to break away with the lead for the remainder of the set. Scott closed the set with a kill to give VWU a 2-1 advantage.
- The Marlins took a 10-2 lead in the fourth set following a pair of Roanoke errors before going on the win the match.
Up Next: Roanoke travels up the road to Hollins on Wednesday, Oct. 17 for a 6:30 p.m. ODAC match.