Score: Roanoke 3, Shenandoah 1 ( 23-25, 25-18, 25-16, 25-18)
Records: Roanoke 13-6 / 6-2 ODAC | Shenandoah 8-11 / 2-5 ODAC
Location: Winchester, Va.
The Lead: Linsey Bailey had 27 kills to lead Roanoke past Shenandoah 3-1 Thursday night in ODAC action.
How it Happened:
- After dropping the first set to the Hornets, RC found itself tied at 12 in the second set before it ran off nine straight points to take a 21-12 lead on its way to the 25-18 win.
- In the third set, RC jumped out to an 11-5 lead on a Sydney Daniel kill. With the score 21-13, RC won four of the next seven points to take the set featuring kills by Daniel and Bailey.
- With the score 19-16 in the fourth set, RC closed the match out with a 6-2 run that saw a pair of kills from Bailey and Parker Moody.
- Daniel and Angel Ross joined Bailey with double-digit kills with 10 each. Olivia Newman had 50 assists.
- Defensively, five Maroons had double figures in digs led by Tori Clinevell with 26. Daniel and Newman each had 17, while Bailey had 12.
- Shenandoah hit .071 with 41 kills and 29 errors in 169 attempts
- Roanoke hit .206 with 57 kills and 23 errors in 165 attempts
- SU had a 66 percent on sides out in the opening set but did not crack 41 percent in sets two through four
- Roanoke was 60 percent on sides out
- The two teams were tied a combined 10 times and traded the lead three times in the opening two sets but had just one tie and one lead change in sets three and four.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Virginia Wesleyan on Saturday at Noon.