Score: Roanoke 3 | Randolph 0 ( 25-13, 25-17, 25-15 )
Records: Roanoke 11-6, 5-2 ODAC | Randolph 5-11, 2-3 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Volleyball defeated Randolph in straight sets to take an ODAC win Tuesday night.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke took advantage of the first set following a 7-1 run as a kill from Sydney Daniel, assisted by Olivia Newman, made it 23-11 RC.
- Angel Ross and Newman combined for a block in the final point of the first set to give the Maroons a 1-0 lead.
- Roanoke scored six straight points in the second set, highlighted by three kills from Linsey Bailey and a pair of aces from Daniel, to push ahead 16-9.
- Randolph responded winning six straight points of its own to close the gap to 18-17 following a kill from Taja Hunley.
- Roanoke won the last seven points, with Parker Moody recording back-to-back kills, to take a 2-0 advantage in the match.
- A Daniel kill kicked off a 6-0 run to break away from 9-9 tie in the third set.
- Holland Turner and Daniel recorded a block to make it 24-15 before Goodman tallied an ace to secure the win.
- Bailey had a double-double with 12 kills and 10 digs, joining her in double digits was Daniel with 10 kills, Tori Clinevell with 16 digs and Newman with 33 assists.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Southern Virginia in its Dig Pink Match on Friday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m.