Score: Roanoke 3 | Lynchburg 0 ( 26-24, 25-19, 25-23)
Records: Roanoke 9-5, 3-1 ODAC | Lynchburg 5-8, 1-2 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke defeated Lynchburg in straight sets in the first game of Saturday's ODAC tri-meet.
How it Happened:
- In the first set, Roanoke took a 7-2 lead following a 6-0 run capped by a kill from Linsey Bailey. With the score 20-17 Lynchburg, Roanoke scored the next four points to take the lead. Bailey recorded a kill to make it 25-24 and followed it up with a block alongside Parker Moody to win the set.
- Roanoke trailed 16-11 in the second set before using a 10-2 run, highlighted by two kills and an ace from Sydney Daniel to take a 21-18 advantage.
- Olivia Newman secured the second set win with a kill in the final point
- Lynchburg jumped out to a 8-4 lead in the final set before the Maroons used a trio of 3-0 runs to tie it at 17-17 following a Hornet error.
- Roanoke scored five of the last six points of the match, capped by back-to-back aces from Moody to take the win.
- Bailey led the way with 16 kills while Olivia Newman dished out 37 assists. Daniel tallied a double-double with 13 kills and 11 digs.
- For Lynchburg, Sydney Frink had a team-high 12 kills and Lindsey Lang had 10.
Score: Roanoke 3 | Eastern Mennonite 0 (25-16, 25-18, 25-14)
Records: Roanoke 10-5, 4-1 ODAC | Eastern Mennonite 3-12, 0-4 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke swept Eastern Mennonite in their second game Saturday.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke jumped out to a 7-1 lead following an ace from Newman in the first set. Daniel capped a four-point run with a kill to extend the lead to 20-11 later in the set.
- With the score 7-6 RC in the second set, Moody recorded a pair of kills in the 5-0 run to take a 12-6 advantage. Moody kept the momentum going with a back to back aces in the middle of Roanoke scoring six straight points to break away with a 19-10 lead.
- Moody capped a 10-1 run with a kill in the final set to give the Maroons an early 12-3 edge.
- Bailey tallied a game-high 17 kills to go with 10 digs. Daniel added 11 digs and nine kills.
- For EMU, Erin Brubaker and Maria Yoder each tallied seven kills while Carly Gingerich had 10 digs.
- Roanoke hit .330 in the second game with a .433 average coming in the third set. The Roanoke defense held the Royals to a .059 hitting percentage.
Up Next: Volleyball hosts Washington and Lee in an ODAC match Monday at 7 p.m.