Score: Roanoke 3 | Guilford 0 (25-10, 25-22, 25-17)
Records: Roanoke 8-5, 2-1 ODAC | Guilford 7-5, 1-2 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke defeated Guilford in straight sets to earn an ODAC win.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke used an 8-1 run to open up the first set, highlighted by four kills from Linsey Bailey. With the score 18-7 RC, the Maroons scored five straight points off of Quaker errors to extend the lead to 22-7 and take a 1-0 advantage in the match.
- Trailing 8-3 in the second set, Roanoke scored eight of the next 10 points, started by a kill from Kelsey Goodman, to take the lead at 11-10.
- Guilford tied the set at 21-21 with a kill from Christian Ritter but the Maroons scored four of the next five points to take the set as Angel Ross and Goodman registered back-to-back kills for the final points.
- In the final set, Roanoke jumped out to a 7-0 lead started by a kill from Daniel.
- The Maroons used a 6-1 run, following an ace from Bailey, to extend the lead to 21-13.
- Bailey led the Maroons with 15 kills and 12 digs. Joining her in double-digits was Parker Moody with 10 kills, Tori Clinevell with 14 digs, Daniel with 13 digs and Olivia Newman with 34 assists. Ritter led Guilford with eight kills and 14 digs.
- Roanoke hit .243 on the night with a .370 percentage coming in the first set.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to Lynchburg for an ODAC doubleheader on Saturday, Sept. 29. The Maroons face the Hornets at 11 a.m. before taking on Eastern Mennonite at 1 p.m.