Score: Bridgewater 3 | Roanoke 0 (25-17, 25-23, 25-23)
Records: Roanoke 6-4, 0-1 ODAC | Bridgewater 7-3, 1-0 ODAC
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
The Lead: Volleyball fell to Bridgewater in three close sets Wednesday night on the road.
How it Happened:
- Linsey Bailey recorded a double-double with a team-high 12 kills paired with 15 digs. Sydney Daniel tallied 15 digs as well while Tori Clinevell led the defense with 18 digs.
- The Eagles used a 12-1 run to take a 19-8 lead following an ace from Jenna Hamra in the first set. Roanoke rallied winning six straight points, capped by a kill from Angel Ross to close the gap to 23-16 but BC used a kill from Rachel Gaston to take the set.
- In a second set that had seven ties, Bridgewater registered back-to-back kills for the final two points to take the set.
- Roanoke jumped out to a 7-2 lead in the third, highlighted by a pair of kills from Parker Moody.
- Bridgewater used a 5-1 run to even the match at 11-11. Back and forth scoring that tallied eight ties in the final set brought the game to 23-23 after a BC point. Gaston recorded to consecutive kills to secure the win.
- Gaston led the Eagles with 17 kills and 16 digs while Victoria Wilson dished out 33 assists.
Up Next: Friday's match against Meredith has been postponed. The Maroons are back in action Tuesday, Sept. 18 when they travel to Emory, Va. to take on Emory & Henry.