Score: Meredith 3 | Roanoke 1 (25-23, 22-25, 23-25, 13-25)
Records: Roanoke 3-2 | Meredith 3-2
Location: Raleigh, N.C.
The Lead: Roanoke dropped a 3-1 decision to Meredith Wednesday night on the road.
How it Happened:
- With the score 23-21 in favor of Meredith in the first set, Roanoke scored four straight points capped by back-to-back kills from Linsey Bailey to take set one and a 1-0 advantage.
- Roanoke used a 5-0 run late in the second set, sparked by a pair of kills from Bailey, to close the gap to 23-22 Meredith but the Avenging Angels won the next two points to even the match 1-1.
- Meredith used a 10-2 run to make it a 19-12 game following a kill from Caroline Corey in the third set.
- RC capitalized on three straight MC errors bringing it within one at 24-23 before Meredith claimed in the final point to make it a 2-1 match.
- Bailey tallied a double-double with 15 kills and 11 digs while Sydney Daniel added 11 kills of her own. Tori Clinevell had a team-high 14 digs and Olivia Newman had a team-best 38 assists.
- Corey led MC with 14 kills and Emily Skoglund had 18 digs.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts the Maroon Classic Sept. 7-8 in the Cregger Center. RC plays Mary Baldwin at 6 p.m. and Averett at 8 p.m. on Friday.