Score: Shenandoah 3 | Roanoke 0 | 25-23, 25-23, 25-23
Records: Roanoke 8-14, 4-6 ODAC | Shenandoah 9-16, 3-7 ODAC
Location: Winchester, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke fell in straight sets to Shenandoah in ODAC Volleyball action Saturday afternoon in Winchester, Va.
How it Happened:
- Alex Wolfe and Kylah Blackmore each recorded a dozen kills in the contest, Christen Zammit tallied 40 assists and Olivia Earls had 27 digs.
- Shenandoah was led by Kaitlyn Kelley with 12 kills and Megan Hillyard had 30 assists.
- In the first set, Roanoke jumped out to an 8-1 lead following an ace from Sydney Daniel. Shenandoah used a 5-0 run late in the set capped by a Roanoke error to take the lead 23-22 before Sabrina Semo recorded two kills to take the set.
- With the score 12-7 Roanoke in set two, Shenandoah won the next seven points to take a 13-12 edge. Logan Graves recorded a kill to make it 23-23, tying the game for the 12th time before the Hornets had back-to-back kills to take the set.
- Consecutive kills from Zammit, Daniel and Blackmore gave Roanoke a 16-14 advantage in set three. Following a Hornet timeout, Nicole Shannon tied the game at 22-22 with a kill before Shenandoah went on to win the last three straight points to take the match.
Up Next: The Maroons head up the road to Hollins on Tuesday for a 6:30 p.m. match.