Score: Washington and Lee 3, Roanoke 0 [25-18, 25-23,25-14]
Records: Roanoke 8-13, 4-5 ODAC | Washington and Le-e 18-6, 8-1 ODAC
Location: Lexington, Va.
The Lead: Washington and Lee topped Roanoke 3-0 in ODAC Volleyball action Friday night in Lexington, Va.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke was led offensively by Sydney Daniel who had a team-high seven kills. Kylah Blackmore had six kills, while Alex Wolfe had five. Christen Zammit had 22 assists.
- Defensively, the Maroons got 15 digs from Blackmore, Daniel added 10 stops and Olivia Earls had 13 digs.
- Washington and Lee was led by Meg Guignon who had a match-high 16 kills on the night. Ashleigh Meade had eight kills as did Brynne Gould. Elena West had 22 assists for the Generals.
- W&L hit .327 for the match, while RC hit just .073.
- In set one, Washington and Lee jumped out to a 13-3 lead before RC rallied and made it 22-18. That would be as close as RC would get as W&L rattled off three straight points to go up 1-0.
- With W&L up 21-17 in set two, RC pulled within two when a Blackmore kill made it 22-21. With the score 24-23, Meade delivered a kill to give the Generals a 2-0 match lead.
- Washington and Lee would hit .448 in the third game, recording 18 kills on 29 attempts, without an error to close out the match.
Up Next: Roanoke will stay on the road and travel to Shenandoah for an 11:00 a.m. ODAC match with the Hornets.