Score: Roanoke 3 | Randolph 0 | 25-18, 25-15, 25-21
Records: Roanoke 8-11, 4-4 ODAC | Randolph 7-12, 2-6 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke defeated Randolph in straight sets Tuesday night on the road in ODAC action.
How it Happened:
- Kylah Blackmore and Logan Graves each tallied 11 kills in the win while Ryan Hedgpeth added 19 digs. Christen Zammit dished out 30 assists on the night.
- In set one, a Blackmore kill sparked a 6-1 run to break away from a 14-14 tie to give RC the lead. Back-to-back errors from the WildCats closed out the set, giving RC a 1-0 edge.
- Alex Wolfe gave Roanoke a 12-6 advantage in set two with two consecutive aces. The Maroons went on to win the final three points of the set, highlighted by two kills from Graves.
- Randolph won eight straight points in the final set to take an early 10-4 lead. Roanoke used a 4-0 run, capped by a kill from Meagan Smith, to erase the deficit and make it 16-14 RC.
- With the score tied 20-20, the Maroons took the final five points of the last six points in the set, capitalizing on four Randolph errors, to earn the win.
- Randolph was led by Mackenzie Ambrose with five kills and Brooks Gillerlain with 16 assists. Kennedy Webb and Taylor Webb headed the defense with 12 digs apiece.
Up Next: Roanoke returns home on Thursday for its Dig Pink! match against Averett. Dig Pink is part of the Side-Out Foundation that brings together volleyball players across the nation to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer research.