Score: Roanoke 3, Guilford 2 | 25-16, 21-25, 19-25, 25-19, 15-9
Records: Roanoke 7-11 / 3-4 ODAC | Guilford 9-6 / 4-3 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Kylah Blackmore had 28 kills and 18 digs to lead Roanoke past Guilford in a five-set ODAC Volleyball thriller on Senior Night.
How it Happened:
- Blackmore had 28 kills on 57 attempts, with only two errors for a .456 hitting percentage. Her 28 kills marks the second most in a single match in RC Volleyball history.
- Meagan Smith and Logan Graves each had six kills, while Alex Wolfe had five. Christen Zammit had 48 assists on the night as well.
- Defensively Ryan Hedgpeth had 37 digs, while Zammit had 21 stops. Blackmore had 18, Wolfe had 13 and Olivia Earls had 12.
- Christian Ritter, Jessica Sheek and Morgan Tompkins all had 16 kills for Guilford. Tina Eucker had 49 assists and Ritter finished with 29 digs for the Quakers.
- RC led 19-15 in game one before winning six of the final seven points, taking the game after back-to-back attack errors by the Quakers.
- GC took advantage of a .082 hitting percentage by Roanoke in game two, while hitting .222 themselves to even the match.
- Roanoke jumped out to a 9-2 lead in game three, but Guilford would close the gap and eventually tie the game up a 17-17 after an RC error. The Quakers would then reel off eight of the final 10 points, getting a kill from Ritter to close the game and take a 2-1 lead.
- RC came out strong in the fourth set, opening up an 18-7 lead. GC would eventually cut it to 20-17 after a 10-2 run. Roanoke responded with a block from Graves to finish off the set.
- Roanoke hit .261 in the fifth and deciding set to win the match. With the score 11-9, Kelsey Goodman sparked a 4-0 run for the Maroons to close the match that was capped by a Graves kill.
Up Next: Roanoke is off until Tuesday when it travels to Randolph for a 7:00 p.m. match.