Score: Lynchburg 3 | Roanoke 0 | 25-23, 27-25, 26-24
Records: Roanoke 6-11, 2-3 ODAC | Lynchburg 9-4, 3-2 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Lynchburg won a tightly contested ODAC volleyball match against Roanoke Friday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Alex Wolfe led RC with 12 kills on the night, while Kylah Blackmore had 11 of her own. Christen Zammit had 23 assists and Caitlin Sharkey dished out 14. Olivia Earls had 14 digs for the Maroons, Ryan Hedgpeth had 13 and Zammit finished with 11.
- Lynchburg's Lindsey Lang, Jalissa Linz and Sydney Frink each had eight kills for the Hornets in the win.
- Roanoke jumped out to an 11-2 lead in game one following a kill Meagan Smith. Lynchburg rallied and was eventually able to tie the game up at 21-21. With the score 23-22 RC, LC rattled off three straight points to take the game and a 1-0 lead in the match.
- Lynchburg had a 21-13 lead in set two before the Maroons came storming back and were able to tie the game late, but would fall 27-25.
- In game three, RC held a 20-15 advantage following an LC error. The Hornets won nine of the next 13 points, tying the game at 24-24, then scoring the final two points to take the match.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Guilford on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in Salem.