Score: Roanoke 1 | Bridgewater 3 | 19-25, 25-22, 13-25, 20-25
Records: Roanoke 5-5 / 1-1 ODAC | Bridgewater 9-1 / 1-0 ODAC
Location: Cregger Center | Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke dropped a 3-1 decision to Bridgewater in ODAC Volleyball action Friday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Meagan Smith has a team-high 12 kills while Kylah Blackmore tallied 22 digs Christen Zammit had 21 assists.
- After dropping the first set, Roanoke used a 4-1 run capped by a Bridgewater error to take a seven-point lead at the 17-10 mark of game two.
- The Eagles brought it within one with a block from Madison Haynes to make it 20-19 RC before a kill from Sydney Daniel sparked a 4-0 run and lifted the Maroons to a 24-19 lead.
- With the match tied 1-1, Bridgewater won the first three points in set three to take an early advantage before using a 7-1 run started by a kill from Rachel Gaston to extend the lead to 13-4.
- With RC trailing 2-1, BC's Macon Frey served back-to-back aces to give the Eagles a 19-14 in game four. Roanoke won three straight points late in the set with kills from Blackmore and Daniel to close the gap to 23-20 but Bridgewater took the final two points of the match with a kill from Allison Clark and an RC error.
- Bridgewater was led by Gaston with a game-high 15 kills while Clark had 12 kills and 11 digs. Frey tallied 23 digs and Rachael Girard had 26 assists.
Up Next: Volleyball is back in action on Saturday with a double-header beginning with Eastern Mennonite at 1 p.m. followed by Methodist at 3 p.m. in the Cregger Center.