The Meet: Virginia Tech Challenge
Location: Blacksburg, Va. | Virginia Tech
Date: February 15-16
The Lead: Roanoke broke two school records at the Virginia Tech Challenge Friday and Saturday.
- Zach Dalton broke the school record in the 600m with a time of 1:26.15, taking the top spot. Kevin Elliot finished in 1:28.55 for third place.
- Jayvon Jones broke the school record, held previously by a mark of his own earlier this season, with a mark of 45' 5.25" / 13.85m in the triple jump.
- Quinn Harlan took fifth in the 60M finals with a time of 7.69, the top finish of Dlll competition and third nationally in all over Division lll.
- Mara Briggs jumped a 1.65m in the high jump, ranking her 15th nationally in the event.
- In the 60m hurdle finals, Lily Lippert clocked a 9.50 for fifth.
- Claire Trotto finished fifth in the pole vault with a mark of 3.20m.
- In the 200n, Micah Ray crossed the finish line in 22.99 for fourth.
- Peter Smith took second in the 5000m finals with a time of 15:48.90 followed by Chamberlain Zulauf in third with 15:51.65.
- In the pole vault, Corbin Turner marked a 3.95m, earning second place and Dillon Kopec took third with a 3.95m as well.
Up Next: Roanoke takes on the ODAC Championships on Sunday, Feb. 24 at the Cregger Center in Salem.