Meet: Keydet Invitational
Location: VMI | Lexington, Va.
Dates: Jan. 18-19
The Lead: Track & Field kicked off the 2019 portion of its season at the Keydet Invitational in Lexington, Va.
- Tyler Wilson finished 13th in the 1000M with a time of 2:40.17 followed by Kevin Elliott in 16th with a time of 2:46.42.
- In the 5000M, Chamberlain Zulauf took eighth place, running a 15:48.64 while Peter Smith took ninth place with a 15:45.29.
- Kaleb Bland tossed a 13.21M in the weight throw followed by Kyle Bland with a 13.02M for 20th and 21st place, respectively.
- Hannah Koepfinger clocked a 1:22.97 in the 500M for 21st place.
- Mara Briggs tied for fourth in the high jump with a mark of 1.60M. Alison Moreau tied for 15th with a mark of 1.50M.
- In the pole vault, Lindsey Baxter marked a 3.15M, tying for 15th.
- Brooke Ryman took 19th in the triple jump with a 9.88M.
- With a throw of 12.32M, Jennifer Calascione earned 16th in the shot put.
- Jayna Jean-Jules tossed a 13.18M in the weight throw for 23rd.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts the Finn Pincus Invitational Jan. 25-26 in the Cregger Center in Salem.