Meet: Roanoke Tune-Up
Location: Salem, Va. | Roanoke College
The Lead: The Maroons hosted the Roanoke Tune-Up on Friday to close out its regular season meet schedule.
- Lindsey Baxter set a new school record in the pole vault with a mark of 3.51m 11' 6 1/4 also earning a first-place finish.
- Claire Trotto followed suit with a second place finish in the pole vault with a 3.21m 10' 6 1/4.
- Jennifer Calascione won the shot put tossing a 12.05m 39' 6 3/4.
- In the 800M, Alexis Mattson clocked a 2:23.33, earning second place.
- Jayna Jean-Jules took second in the weight throw with a 13.45m 44' 1 3/4 and Elizabeth Knudsen claimed fifth with a mark of 12.47m 40' 11 1/4.
- Also in the pole vault, Louise Tester finished fourth with a 2.91m 9' 6 1/2.
- Timothy Shay took second in the 3000M with a time 9:39.77.
- In the weight throw, Kyle Bland tossed a 12.76m 41' 10 3/4 good for second place followed by Lucas Jones in third with a mark of 12.70m 41' 8 1/4. Kaleb Bland rounded out the top-five finishes with a 12.29 40' 1/4.
- Howard Daniels (4:40.55) and Nathaniel Willis (4:40.61) took fifth and sixth, respectively, in the mile.
- Tanner Burton finished fifth in the 60M hurdles finals with a time of 8.69 while Xavier O'Brien finished seventh in 8.89 seconds.
- Kevin Waterman finished the 800M in 2:01.82, earning fifth place.
Up Next: Roanoke competes in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships on Feb. 25 in the Cregger Center Fieldhouse on the campus of Roanoke College.