Meet: Bast-Cregger Invitational
Location: Cregger Center | Salem, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke Indoor Track & Field teams opened up their season by breaking three school records at the Bast-Cregger Invitational at the Cregger Center this weekend.
- On Friday evening, Corbin Turner set the RC record in the pole vault with a mark of 4.10 m, breaking Ray DeCosta's record from 1952.
- On Saturday morning, the 4 x 200m relay team of Tatiana Cherry-Santos, Claire Aurand, Emily Ball and Alison Moreau set the school record with a time of 1:50.08.
- Aurand would then finish in third in the 60m, while Ball would place fifth in the 400m with a time of 1:04.64.
- Jennifer Calascione recorded a program best in the shot put with a toss of 12.30 m / 40' 4.25" breaking Elizabeth Bransky's record from 2012.
- Quinn Harlan took first-place in the women's 60m with a time of 7.77, while Tanner Burton posted a time of 8.64 in the men's 60m hurdles to finish third.
- Mykal Dawkins won the men's 500m with a time of 1:09.7.
- Mara Briggs finished second in the high jump with a mark of 1.63m / 5' 4 ¼, while Claire Trotto placed third in the pole vault with a mark of 2.80m / 9' 2 ¼.
- In the men's 300 meters, Paul Houston was fifth with a time of 38.04, while Josh Heber was right behind in sixth place with a time of 38.12.
Up Next: Roanoke will be back in action on Jan. 19 when it travels to VMI for the Keydet Invitational.