Score: Women 184-78 | Men 162-100
Meet: Roanoke vs. Mary Washington
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: The Maroons hosted the University of Mary Washington on Saturday afternoon at the Salem YMCA. In front of a pack pool, RC would roll, winning 24 of the 28 events en route to picking up two big wins over the Eagles.
- The women won each of the 14 events while adding 6, second place and seven, third place results.
- The afternoon got started with the women setting an ODAC best 4:00.20 in the 400 Medley Relay. The quartet of Reilly Bird, Sarah Virginia Scott, Maria Vinson, and Kimberly Large now set atop the ODAC top times list after their meet opening swim. Bird set the 100 Backstroke best time of the season with her 58.15 leadoff leg.
- Large would add a trio of individual wins. She now holds the top ODAC times in the 50 Freestyle (24.41), 100 Freestyle (53.12), and 100 Fly (57.73).
- In the 200 Freestyle, Hannah Petty would just out-touch Grace Fountain by .27 of a second. The duo now sits first and second in the ODAC.
- Vinson would return later in the meet to post a conference best 4:42.85 in the 400 Individual Medley
- The men were equally as dominate during the meet, earning 10 wins, eight runners-up, and eight, third place finishes.
- Just as the women had done prior to their race, the men's 400 Medley Relay team of Colin Burnette, Connor Kinkema, Ben Tate, and Brian Grimmett would take over the ODAC lead with a time of 3:32.59.
- Kinkema posted season best times in the 100 Breaststroke (58.31), 200 Breaststroke (2:06.36), and 400 Individual Medley (4:16.72), taking over the conference lead in each.
- In the 500 Freestyle, the Maroons would go 1, 2, 3 when the trio of Tate (4:47.86), Jake Bowery, and Josh Rauch would take over the top three spots in the ODAC.
- Rauch would return in the 1000 Freestyle to post a time of 9:56.89, 30 seconds clear of the next best time this season. Tate would give RC one more conference leading time with a time of 1:54.32 in the 200 Fly.
Up next: Roanoke will have two weeks to prepare for their final meet of 2019 when they host Emory & Henry on November 16th.