Score: Men 282.5 (2nd) | Women 258 (3rd)
Meet: 2019 Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) Relays
Location: Lexington, Va.
The Lead: The men's and women's swim teams traveled to Lexington to compete in the annual ODAC Relay meet hosted by Washington and Lee on Saturday afternoon.
- The Maroons finished in second place behind the hosts from Washington and Lee with Randolph-Macon coming in third in the 10 team field.
- Roanoke had 13 top five finishes, including a win and four runner-ups in the nine event meet.
- In the 3x50 Breaststroke, the Maroon trio of Conner Kinkema, Nick McGrath, and Davis Wheeler touched ahead of the W&L team with a time of 1:22.10, securing first place points.
- Ben Tate had a strong day, three runner-up and a pair of third place finishes in the races that he competed.
- Roanoke finished third behind meet winner W&L and runner-up Randolph-Macon in a field that included 11 ODAC teams.
- The women finished second in the nine events while securing two more top fives on the afternoon.
- In the first event of the day, Kimberly Large got the Maroons off to a blistering start, going 26.31 in the opening leg of the 3x50 Butterfly with Hannah Petty and Elizabeth Roberts bring home the first set of points for the meet.
- In the 3x50 Backstroke, Reilly Bird, Maddie Andrews, and Izzy Mack would once again secure a runner-up finish, being just out-touched by the W&L trio by less than a second.
Up next: RC will be back in the pool next Saturday when they host Greensboro and UNC Pembroke in a tri-meet at the Salem YMCA.