Women's Scores: Roanoke 197, Hollins 53 | Roanoke 185, Emory & Henry 65
Men's Score: Roanoke 213, Emory & Henry 45
Meet: vs. Emory & Henry / Hollins (women only)
Records: Men 4-0 / 3-0 ODAC | Women 7-0 / 6-0 ODAC
Location: Emory, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke Swimming teams each earned ODAC wins Saturday. The men defeated Emory and Henry 213-45, while the women topped the Wasps 185-65 and Hollins 197-53.
- RC won each of the 14 events on the day to come away with the win.
- Colin Burnette won both the 50 backstroke (29.75) and the 100 backstroke (31.89) in the Maroon victory.
- Burnette was part of the 200 medley relay team along with Connor Kinkema, Sutton Schonfelder and David Adarkwah who won with a time of 1:54.36.
- Jack Vaughn won the 800 meter freestyle, touching the wall at 9:32.59.
- Ben Tate was victorious in the 200 meter freestyle and was second to Kinkema in the 100 meter individual medley.
- Nick McGrath took home first in the 100 meter breaststroke with a time of 1:12.98, while Schonfelder won the 50 meter butterfly in 28.97 seconds.
- The RC women won 10 of the 14 events to pick up a pair of wins over conference foes.
- The team of Reilly Bird, Caylen McNaul, Maria Vinson and Sydney Sellers got the meet going with a win in the 200 medley relay with a time of 2:06.00.
- Izzy Mack took home first-place in the 800 meter freestyle in a time of 10:03.
- Hadley Baker won the 50 meter backstroke in 34.42 seconds, while Vinson touched the wall first in the 100 meter butterfly with a time of 1:09.85.
- Bird won the 100 meter backstroke with a time of 1:09.96 before Sarah Virginia Scott scored a win in the 100 meter backstroke with a time of 1:20.45.
- Bird closed her day with a victory in the 50 meter butterfly (31.50) and Vinson took the 100 meter IM with a time of 1:11.77.
- The team of Lizzy Braud, Sellers, Vinson and Elizabeth Roberts closed the meet by winning the 200 meter freestyle relay in 1:59.68.
Up Next: Roanoke will take a break until Dec. 8 when it hosts Guilford at the Salem YMCA.