Women's Score: Roanoke 160, Randolph-Macon 102
Men's Score: Roanoke 139, Randolph-Macon 123
Meet: vs. Randolph-Macon
Records: Men 3-0 | Women 6-0
Location: Ashland, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke Swimming teams each earned a key ODAC win over Randolph-Macon on Saturday.
- After R-MC opened with a win in the 200 yard medley relay, Maria Vinson scored a victory in the 400 IM, touching the wall in 4:44.54.
- Grace Fountain then won the 200 yard freestyle with a time of 2:00.46, while Izzy Mack finished third in 2:05.31.
- Riley Bird captured the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 1:01.20 before Sarah Virginia Scott won the 100 yard breaststroke in 1:11.93.
- Vinson won the 200 yard butterfly clocking a 2:15.21. RC then took the first three spots in the 50 yard freestyle with Elizabeth Roberts touching the wall first with a time of 25.73.
- Sydney Sellers won the 100 yard freestyle posting a time of 58.03 for the Maroons.
- Hadley Baker (2:19.50) was victorious in the 200 yard backstroke as was Fountain in the 500 yard freestyle (5:23.68).
- Vinson would win the 200 yard IM with a time of 2:14.35 before teaming up with Fountain, Anna Engel and Roberts to win the 400 yard freestyle relay in 3:47.09.
- The relay team of Colin Burnette, Nick McGrath, Sutton Schonfelder and Parker Devillier opened the men's meet with a win in the 200 medley, posting a time of 1:41.08.
- Brian Grimmett (1:48.82) and Cole Hensen (1:54.55) finished first and third, respectively in the 200 yard freestyle for the Maroons.
- RC took the top two spots in the 100 yard breaststroke with Connor Kinkema (1:00.21) winning and McGrath right behind with a time of 1:02.00.
- Ben Tate then won the 200 yard with a time of 1:57.50.
- In the 50 yard freestyle, the Maroons took the top three spots led by Devillier who won in 22.10.
- Devillier then won the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 49.67 and Kinkema took first-place in the 200 yard breaststroke, touching the wall at 2:12.02.
- Tate won the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 53.44 and followed that up with a win in the 200 yard IM, posting a time of 2:02.15.
- The team of Tate, McGrath, Grimmett and David Adarkwah closed the meet by winning the 400 yard freestyle with a time of 3:18.26.
Up Next: Roanoke will be back in ODAC action Nov. 17 at Emory & Henry at 1:00 p.m.