Score: Bridgewater 2, Roanoke 1 (ot)
Records: Roanoke 13-6-1 | Bridgewater 12-6-2
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
The Lead: Bridgewater used a golden goal in the 98th minute to top Roanoke 2-1 and advance to the 2019 ODAC Women's Soccer Semifinals.
How it Happened
- In the 25th minute, BC got a quick restart on a corner kick. Hanna Randolph would dribble and then cross a pass that Sydney Ryan would volley into the top right corner of the net to give the Eagles a 1-0 lead.
- The score would remain that way through half-time before RC came out in the second-half and applied the offensive pressure from the outset. The Maroons broke through when Kathryn Van Orden was able to collected a batted ball in the box and send a shot into the right side of net to tie the match.
- The Maroons continued to pressure the Eagle defense, outshooting the Eagles 9-3 in the second-half, but were unable to take the lead.
- In overtime, the Maroons had a corner kick that was cleared by BC out to midfield where Cyan Coates collected a deflected ball, was able to weave past a pair of RC defenders and get off a shot from 20 yards out to score and win the match.
- Roanoke outshot BC 13-11 and held an 8-4 edge in corner kicks.
- Chris Martin made three saves for RC.