Score: Roanoke 1, Eastern Mennonite 0
Records: Maroons 12-4-1, 6-2-1 ODAC | Royals 9-5-1, 3-4-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Saturday was Senior Day for the Roanoke women's soccer team. Seniors Madeleine Dickinson and Hailey Davis connected for the lone goal of the afternoon as RC took the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) victory over Eastern Mennonite, 1-0.
How it Happened:
- Prior to kick, RC took a moment to honor their seniors, Chris Martin, Hailey Davis, Claire Thoma, Jamie Obremski, Kathryn Van Orden, Madeleine Dickinson, and Abigail Frazier.
- The Maroons dominated play in the Royals zone for much of the first half. RC enjoyed a 12-0 advantage in first half shots.
- At the 21.06 mark, a pair of seniors got Roanoke on the board. Dickinson sent a long pass that Davis deposited in the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.
- In the second half, RC continued to lead the way with seven more shots. The Royals finally were able to generate a couple of scoring chances, but each time the Roanoke defense was up to the task.
- As the final horn sounded, the Maroons had picked up the ODAC win on Senior Day. Martin finished with three saves as RC enjoyed a 22-4 shot edge for the afternoon.
Up next: Roanoke will play their final regular season game at Kerr Stadium on Wednesday night when they welcome Ferrum College to Salem for a 7pm start.