Score: Washington and Lee 1, Roanoke 0
Records: Roanoke 11-4-1/ 5-2-0 ODAC | Washington and Lee 13-0-2 / 6-0-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Washington and Lee slipped by Roanoke 1-0 in ODAC Women's Soccer on Wednesday night.
How it Happened:
- The first 45 minutes were scoreless with Washington and Lee holding a 5-1 lead in shots. Chris Martin would make three stops in the first-half to keep the Generals off the board.
- W&L had a chance to score two and a half minutes into the second-half when Grace Wielechowski sent Sophia Roche in alone on Martin but Martin used her right hand to save the shot and keep the match scoreless.
- Washington and Lee had a penalty shot awarded with 24 minutes to go in the match but Emily Hoeh's attempt hit the left post and Martin was able to collect the ball and keep the Generals off the board.
- The Generals got the lone goal of the match in the 77th minute when Wielechowski dribbled to the end line and was able to turnaround and slip a pass to Lindsay White who one-timed a shot past Martin to make it 1-0.
- Roanoke's best chance to score came with just over eight minutes left when Lucy Perry took a free kick from just outside the box that hit the cross-bar and bounced over the net.
- Washington and Lee held a 10-6 edge in shots and 5-3 in corner kicks.
- Martin finished with four saves, while Grace Coombs stopped one shot for W&L.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Saturday for a 2:00 p.m. match at home where it will host Eastern Mennonite on Senior Day.