Score: Roanoke 1, Guilford 0
Records: Roanoke 9-2-1 / 3-0-1 ODAC | Guilford 4-6-0 / 1-2-0
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
The Lead: Roanoke scored a 1-0 ODAC road win Wednesday evening at Guilford.
How it Happened:
- The teams battled to a scoreless first-half that saw RC outshoot GC 7-5 and Maroon keeper Chris Martin make three saves to keep GC off the board.
- Roanoke got the only goal it would need just over seven minutes into the second-half when Hailey Davis got a pass from Erin Flamm and scored to give RC a 1-0 lead.
- The Maroons pressured to double its lead in the 69th minute where in less than a two minute span they were able to get off three shots but Guilford keeper Aubrey Gunther made two saves and another shot was cleared off the line by a GC defender.
- RC held a 14-7 advantage in shots, including 7-2 in the second-half of play.
- Martin finished with three saves on the night, while Gunther made four stops, all of which coming in the second-half.
Up Next: Roanoke will be back home on Saturday when it hosts Randolph-Macon at 2:00 p.m. In addition to the match, The Roanoke Women's Soccer team has teamed up with the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation's Vs. Cancer program. Throughout the season, the team is raising awareness and funds for local kids with cancer, and they will celebrate their efforts on October 12, 2019 during a home game against R-MC.