Score: Roanoke 5 | Emory & Henry 0
Records: Roanoke 6-5-4, 5-2-2 ODAC | Emory & Henry 1-15-1, 1-8 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke rolled to a 5-0 ODAC win over Emory & Henry in their final home game of the regular season Tuesday night.
How it Happened:
- Ellie Schad broke open the scoring with a shot to the right side, off a pass from Jillian Barnard, just 10 minutes into the contest.
- The assist was Barnard's first of four on the night which ties an RC school record.
- Lucy Perry tacked on another goal to double the Maroon lead in the final 1:15 of the first half to take the 2-0 advantage into the intermission.
- Six minutes into the second half, Schad extended the lead with her second goal of the night to make it a 3-0 game.
- In the 57th-minute Perry hit a shot into the right side of the goal, off a cross from Barnard.
- Barnard scored a goal of her own at 62:38 to round out the scoring on the night.
- Roanoke held a 36-3 edge in shots and took all eight corners on the night.
- Chris Martin made one save in the first 60 minutes of acting before giving way to Kaitlyn Finch who also made one save in the final 29 minutes.
- Kaela Schlevensky made 17 saves in goal for the Wasps on the night.
Up Next: Women's Soccer closes out the regular season at Shenandoah on Saturday, Oct. 27, game time is set for 2 p.m. in Winchester, Va.