Score: Roanoke 1 | Virginia Wesleyan 1 (2OT)
Records: Roanoke 1-2-3, 0-0-1 ODAC | Virginia Wesleyan 2-2-1, 0-0-1 ODAC
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
The Lead: Women's Soccer tied Virginia Wesleyan 1-1, after two overtime periods, in its conference opener Sunday afternoon on the road.
How it Happened:
- Kathryn Van Orden gave Roanoke an early 1-0 lead with a goal, assisted from Ellie Schad, just 14 minutes into the contest.
- Virginia Wesleyan's Reina Araujo hit the crossbar in the final 30 seconds of the first half as Roanoke took the 1-0 lead into the intermission.
- The Marlins evened the game at the 59-minute mark with a goal from Kennedi Anders to make it 1-1.
- Goalie Chris Martin made four saves in the final 28 minutes of regulation to keep the game tied. Martin also made a pair of saves in the second overtime to keep VWU off the board.
- The Maroons recorded back-to-back shots, one form Annie Schoelkopf and one from Jillian Barnard, in the final 30 seconds of the first overtime period but were unable to find the back of the net.
Up Next: RC heads to Washington and Lee on Wednesday, Sept. 26 for a 4 p.m. match-up with the generals.