Posted: Sep 20, 2017
Score: No. 8 Christopher Newport 4 | Roanoke 1
Records: Roanoke 3-3-1 | Christopher Newport 7-0-1
Location: Newport News, Va.
The Lead: The Captains scored a pair of goals in each half to take a 4-1 decision over Roanoke Wednesday evening.
How it Happened:
- Caroline Liebel made 11 saves on the day while Delaney Weston made one in the final five minutes of the contest.
- The Captains took an early 1-0 lead as Gabby Gills found the back of the net off a one-on-one match-up ten minutes into the game.
- Riley Cooke closed the scoring in the first half with a goal at the 31-minute mark before opening the second half with a goal ten minutes after the intermission to make it a 3-0 game.
- Roanoke closed the gap to 4-1 in the final five minutes as Abigail Frazier set up Jamie Obremski for a header off a corner kick.
- CNU held a 35-6 advantage in shots and a 13-1 edge in corner kicks.
Up Next: Roanoke returns home on Saturday for a 3 p.m. match-up with Eastern Mennonite during the College's Family Weekend.