Score: No.1 Washington and Lee 15, Roanoke 9
Records: Roanoke 11-6 / 6-3 ODAC | 14-2 / 8-0 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: No. 1 Washington and Lee got four goals from Katherine Faria as the Generals topped Roanoke 15-9 in ODAC Women's Lacrosse.
How it Happened
- After Ellie Armstrong put RC op top 2-1, 10 minutes into the game, W&L scored four straight goals, taking a 5-2 lead on a Dani Murray strike with 12 minutes to go in the half.
- Back-to-back goals by Katie Clements and Jenn Schwechheimer pulled RC to within 5-4 with three minutes to play in the half before Cordelia Peters score made it 6-4 heading into the intermission.
- Armstrong scored a minute and 11 seconds into the second half to make it a 6-5 game.
- The Generals would score four of the next five goals, moving ahead 10-6 on a Maddy Graves goal with 17:23 to play in the game.
- Armstrong would make it 10-7 with 16:18 to go in the game but W&L would use another 4-1 run to go up 14-8 with just over seven minutes to go.
- Armstrong scored three times and dished out three assists for RC, while Clements, Lilly Blair and Schwechheimer each scored twice. Carly Schoudel made eight saves. Schwechheimer had two and two assists for four points which now gives her 101 for the year, making her the first Maroon to eclipse the 100 point mark since 2014.
- Faria had a game-high four goals for Washington and Lee and Rebecca Wellford had 12 draw controls to help W&L to a 20-5 edge in that category.
- Washington and Lee held a 30-26 edge in shots.
Up Next: Roanoke closes its regular season and will await the release of the pairings for the 2019 ODAC Tournament which will start Wednesday.