Apr 16, 2019
Score: Roanoke 17, Guilford 8
Records: Roanoke 10-5, 5-2 ODAC | Guilford 6-8, 1-6 ODAC
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke scored eight unanswered goals to open the game, started by a free position shot by Maggie Lewis just 1:37 into the game.
- Ellie Armstrong scored back-to-back goals to push ahead 6-0 with 14:34 left in the first half.
- Guilford got a pair of goals at the 11-minute and 10-minute mark to make it an 8-2 game before Roanoke used a 4-1 run to close the first half as Lilly Blair and Armstrong both scored in the final minute of the first to take a 12-3 lead into the intermission.
- Katie Clements scored Roanoke's first two goals of the second half at the 29-minute and the 20-minute mark to make it 14-4.
- Guilford rallied for three straight goals throughout a seven-minute period to close the gap to 16-8 with 2:50 left on the clock.
- Armstrong rounded out the scoring with a goal in the final 1:22 of the contest.
- Taylor also added a goal for six points on the night followed by Clements with three goals and one assist for four points.
- Roanoke won 17 of the 26 draw controls on the night and held a 23-14 edge in ground balls.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to Shenandoah on Friday, April 19 for a 2 p.m. game.