Score: Roanoke 15, Virginia Wesleyan 7
Records: Roanoke 9-5 / 4-2 ODAC | Virginia Wesleyan 7-5 / 3-2 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke scored a 15-7 win in ODAC Women's Lacrosse on Senior Day on Saturday.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke got on the board at the 28:26 mark when Hannah Taylor scored to make it 1-0.
- Taylor's strike proved to be the first of four for the Maroons to start the game with the final goal coming off the stick of Ellie Armstrong, making it 4-0 with 19:45 to play.
- VWU went on a run if its own with a McKenzie Dowd goal making it 4-3 with 13:40 left on the clock.
- The Maroons would then get goals from Armstrong, Lilly Blair and a Jenn Schwechheimer goal at the 9:11 mark that made it 7-3 RC.
- With the score 7-4, Roanoke closed the half with a 4-0 run with another Schwechheimer goal sending the teams to the intermission with RC up 11-4.
- Roanoke would put the game away with three goals in a five-minute span of the second-half. The run was capped by a Katie Clements goal that made it 14-4 with 22 minutes to go in the game.
- Schwechheimer finished with four goals for RC, while Armstrong had three of her own. Taylor finished with a pair of goals. Carly Schoudel finished with eight saves for RC.
- Dowd finished with three goals for VWU and Joran Moilanen had 14 saves.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Tuesday when it travels to Guilford for a 4:00 p.m. game.