Score: Roanoke 23, Randolph 4
Records: Roanoke 8-5, 3-2 ODAC | Randolph 2-9, 0-5 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Women's Lacrosse earned a 23-4 conference win at Randolph on Tuesday night.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke scored 17 goals in the first half started by a strike from Jenn Schwechheimer just 1:34 into the contest.
- Hannah Taylor assisted Lilly Blair for back-to-back goals at the 26-minute and the 23-minute mark to make it a 5-0 game.
- With 5:08 left in the first half, Molly Kasemeyer scored twice before Ellie Armstrong scored in the final 10 seconds to take a 17-0 advantage into the half.
- The Maroons held the WildCats scoreless through 37:16 minutes of the game with Sarah Petty getting on the board at 22:44 in the second half to make it 19-1.
- Six different Maroons scored in the second half with Olivia Camillo and Carlin Mayer kicking off the scoring.
- Schwechheimer led the way with four goals and two assists while Taylor tallied six assists.
- 14 different Maroons registered a point in the win with seven tallying more than one goal or assist on the night.
- RC won 23 of the 29 draw controls and held a 43-9 edge on shots.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Virginia Wesleyan on Saturday, April 13 at 12 p.m. as part of the Women's Lacrosse Program's Senior Day.