Score: Lynchburg 11, Roanoke 10
Records: Roanoke 6-5, 1-2 ODAC | Lynchburg 4-5, 1-1 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Lynchburg scored two goals in the final 2:49 to take the 11-10 conference win over Roanoke.
How it Happened:
- A Lynchburg goal from Alicia Sandoval with 2:49 left on the clock tied to game at 10-10. Maysn Whitten scored the game-winner just one minute later off a free position shot to give the Hornets the win.
- With the score 3-1 Lynchburg in the first half, Katie Clements scored three straight goals over a seven-minute span to give Roanoke a 4-3 lead with 13:13 left in the half.
- Clements and Jenn Schwechheimer both scored in the final 6:12 of the first to give the Maroons a 6-4 lead at the break.
- A goal from Ellie Armstrong gave Roanoke a 9-6 advantage with just under 25 minutes left in regulation.
- Two straight goals from Kelsi Trevisan at the 21-minute and the 17-minute marks sparked a 5-1 run for Lynchburg to close out the game and secure the win.
- Clements had a career-high five goals in the loss while Lilly Blair and Armstrong both had two each. Carly Schoudel made eight saves in goal for the Maroons.
- For the Hornets, Sandoval and Trevisan had three goals each while Emmy Yarmy had 11 saves in goal.
- Roanoke held a 12-9 edge in draw controls while Lynchburg had a 13-12 advantage in ground balls and a 25-24 edge in shots.
Up Next: Women's Lacrosse hosts Bridgewater on Saturday, April 6 at 12 p.m. as part of the College's Alumni Weekend.