Score: Roanoke 23, Berry 2
Records: Roanoke 6-1, Berry 1-8
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: 15 Maroons tallied a point in a 23-2 women's lacrosse win over Berry Thursday afternoon in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Katie Clements scored just 29 seconds into the contest to give Roanoke an early 1-0 lead.
- Back-to-back goals from Hannah Taylor at the 24:31 and 20:56 mark pushed the Maroons ahead 6-0.
- Lilly Blair, Jenn Schwechheimer and Taylor all notched a goal in just over a minute span to extend the gap to 10-0 with 18:07 left in the first half.
- Carlin Mayer rounded out the first half scoring with a goal in the final 1:20 to send the Maroons into the intermission with a 16-0 edge.
- Berry broke a 2-0 second half Roanoke run with a goal by Ashley Merritt to make it 18-1 with 15:37 left in regulation.
- 14 different Maroons scored a goal in the win led by Blair and Taylor with three each. Schwechheimer had a game-high five points with two goals and three assists.
- For the Vikings, Ella Makin made six saves in the first half while Andrea Lindgren made three in the second half.
- Roanoke outshot Berry 37-3 and held a 27-3 edge in ground balls. RC won 15 draw controls on the day while Berry took 11.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to No. 4 Mary Washington on Saturday, March 16 for a 2 p.m. tilt.