Score: Roanoke 25, Ferrum 0
Records: Roanoke 3-0, 1-0 ODAC | Ferrum 0-1, 0-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Jenn Schwechheimer set the ODAC and school record for points and goals in a single game in the 25-0 conference-opener against Ferrum on Monday.
How it Happened:
- Schwechheimer broke the ODAC and school record for points with 17 and the RC record with nine goals in the win. The ODAC points record was previously held by Megan Dicave of Virginia Wesleyan set back in 2000. Four different Maroons have scored eight goals (five times) most recently by Darragh Evarts at Randolph in 2013.
- Schwechheimer opened the scoring just 46 seconds into the contest with a goal before scoring back-to-back goals at 28:10 and 27:48 to make it a 4-0 game.
- With 21:51 left in the first half, five different Maroons scored over the next seven minutes to extend the lead to 14-0. Katie Clements, Emerson Foster, Jenna Kuczo, Hannah Taylor and Lilly Blair scored in that order.
- Ellie Armstrong scored to two straight goals at 9:57 and 2:15 before Schwechheimer scored in the final 27 seconds to take it 18-0 after the first half.
- Schwechheimer broke the record for points with an assist off a Bailey Creamer in the final 5:12 before breaking the goals record at 3:14 and rounding out the scoring.
- Roanoke held a 51-3 advantage in shots and a 25-5 edge in ground balls on the day. Armstrong had three goals in the win while four other Maroons had two goals.
- Goalie Shaianne Ermini made 16 saves in the loss for the Panthers.
- The 25 goals for the Maroons ties for third most in school history.
Up Next: Roanoke faces Christopher Newport on Tuesday, March 5 in Puerto Rico.