Score: Roanoke 25 | Randolph 3
Records: Roanoke 7-6, 2-4 ODAC | Randolph 2-10, 0-5 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Nine different Maroons scored as Roanoke defeated Randolph 25-3 in Saturday's senior day win.
How it Happened:
- After giving up a goal, Roanoke went on a 13-0 run, keeping the WildCats scoreless for over 16 minutes.
- Mckenna Polak sparked the run with a goal at the 26:41 mark to tie it 1-1 and was capped by a goal from Ellie Armstrong at 10:21 to make it 13-1.
- Maggie Lewis scored back-to-back unassisted goals at 20:29 and 20:07 to make it 5-1.
- Randolph got on the board with a goal from Rachel Buxton with just under eight minutes left in the first half.
- Roanoke scored four more goals in the final five minutes, with two assisted from Lainey Decker, to take a 17-2 edge into the intermission.
- The Maroons opened the second half with seven unanswered goals to make it 23-3 with 11:22 left in the game.
- Roanoke held a 44-12 edge in shots, a 22-9 advantage in ground balls and won 19-of-28 draw controls.
- Polak and Armstrong each tallied a game-high six goals while Lewis had four.
- Before the start of the game, seniors Caitlin Blankenship and Mckenna Polak were recognized for careers as Maroons.
Up Next: Roanoke heads to Virginia Wesleyan on Saturday, April 21 for an 11:30 a.m. match-up.