Score: Randolph-Macon 17 | Roanoke 13
Records: Roanoke 6-5, 1-3 ODAC | Randolph-Macon 4-6, 1-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke fell 17-13 to Randolph-Macon Wednesday night in ODAC Women's Lacrosse.
How it Happened:
- Randolph-Macon outscored Roanoke 9-6 in the second half to secure the win.
- Bella Samper and Lexi Jones both scored to open the second half to give Randolph-Macon a 10-7 lead with 24 minutes left in regulation.
- A goal from Ellie Armstrong sparked a 3-0 run for RC to close the gap to 12-11 R-MC with 17:18 left.
- The Yellow Jackets responded with a 5-0 run, with back-to-back goals from Hannah Jones, to take a 17-11 edge.
- Roanoke closed the gap with two goals in the final 1:40 to close out the scoring with goals from Mckenna Polak and Jenn Schwechheimer.
- Roanoke jumped out to a 3-1 lead following back-to-back goals from Schwechheimer and Katie Clements just seven minutes into the contest.
- The Yellow Jackets scored four of the next five goals to take a 5-4 edge with 11:26 to go in the first half.
- Maggie Lewis scored in the final 15 seconds to tie the game at 7-7 but Randolph-Macon scored in the final second to take an 8-7 advantage at the half.
- Randolph-Macon held a 21-16 advantage in groundballs and won 17-of-30 draw controls.
- Carly Schoudel made 11 saves in goal for the Maroons while Elicia Wells made 15 for R-MC.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to Bridgewater on Saturday, April 7 for a 4 p.m. match-up with the Eagles.